- A bio is a must. A recent Harvard Business Review study showed that 82% of unsuccessful Twitter accounts have little or no bio information.
- You should provide more than 3 links per 20 tweets and you should update more than once a day.
- If you don’t provide links in your tweets, you should plan to post more often (studies suggest as much as six times a day). You should have no more than 15 updates a day.
- Twitter names are becoming like URL’s were in the early years of the Internet. Make sure and grab all your branding and your name
- Don’t use underscores_ when you’re creating a user name. Not only does it look amateurish but a number of spammers have hacked into Twitter that way. You don’t want to look like a spammer
- Always engage and reply to the @reply responses on Twitter. Why? Well first off it’s important to engage your followers but second, those @replies help with your Twitter ranking.
Six Quick Tips for Twitter Success!
Reading Time: 1 minute