Welcome to our April “Social Media Series.” This month, we’ll focus on why it’s critical to use social media to publicize your book, and how to increase your book promotion with social media tips.
Facebook Frenzy – are you using Facebook to market your book? If not, you certainly should be. Check out these important Facebook stats and tips on the best time to post on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, and LinkedIn!
Facebook Stats Did You Know?
- 30 million businesses now have a Facebook Fan Page.
- 19 million businesses have optimized their Fan Page for Mobile. Have you?
- 5 million businesses now spend money on Facebook ads.
- Businesses are paying 122% more per ad unit on Facebook than they did a year ago.
- 399 million Facebook users only use Facebook on mobile each month
- 928 million people use Facebook on a daily basis, this number increased from 802 million last quarter.
- 63% of Facebook users engage on a daily basis
- If you wonder where your time is going, check this out: The average Facebook user spends 40 minutes a day on Facebook, this number used to be 20 minutes.
- Not quite sure about Instagram? This image-driven platform is used by 200 million people each month.
- Not using video on Facebook? Maybe you should: Twice as many people now watch videos on Facebook in their feed compared to just six months ago.
When is a Good Time to Post on Social Media?
While the exact right time and date for optimal posting does vary by industry (and you should keep an eye on your stats), there are some great guidelines to follow:
According to Social Media Today, Facebook engagement is higher (by 18%) on Thursdays and Fridays meaning that the best time to schedule your most important posts is towards the end of the week. BufferSocial reported that 1pm is the best time to get shares while 3pm gets the most clicks (all times EST).
According to MediaBistro, Twitter engagement increased by 30% on the weekend. During the week engagement on this site peaks between 1 and 3PM EST – which correlates with lunch breaks!
SocialNewsDaily says that the best time to post on G+ is 9am and 11am and the worst times are 6pm and 7amEST. Mid-week posts tend to get higher visibility on G+ and 9am Weds is a great time to post as well!
Because LinkedIn is so B2B driven, it would make sense that their optimal times are between 7am and 8:30AM and 5 to 6PM. Also (according to IT World) Tuesdays and Thursdays are the best days to post on LinkedIn.
Share this article with these tweetables: