Here are some hot tips via book marketing tweets from the past week, courtesy of bloggers, marketers, authors and others. The topics include how to tie current events to your marketing, what to post on social media, book sales for self-published authors, and more.
* How to Use a Call to Action in Social Media – Dos & Don’ts
Seven experts explain what a call to action is and provide examples of successful CTA posts in social media:
* Authors: What Should You Post on Social Media Sites?
Your best bet is to share a mix of information, and remember that your followers don’t want to read endless self-promotional posts:
* How Successful Authors Use Social Media to Sell More Books
Social media can increase your visibility (and readership). One author shares his experience:
* Are You Making the Most of These 6 Critical Campaign Promotion Channels?
Your marketing has a better chance of being successful if you rely on multiple sources:
* Yikes. Self-Published Authors See Much Lower Sales
This chart presented at Digital Book World says it all: self-published authors have lower sales than traditionally published and hybrid authors:
* How Current Events Can Tie in With Your Marketing Strategy
When there’s breaking news and you’ve got some insights to share, here’s how you can get your moment in the spotlight:
Share Best of the Web marketing tips – Click to Tweet