Here’s a look back at some useful book marketing Tweets from the past week, courtesy of bloggers, marketers, authors and others. The topics include the qualities of a great book cover, the best way to create an author website, what authors must know about publishing to succeed, and much more. We wish you much success in your writing, publishing, and marketing efforts!
* What makes a great book cover?
A tumblr page dedicated to bad book covers provides fodder for examining what book covers need to succeed:
* The Best Way to Build an Author Website
Authors do need a website – an online site they own and can use to promote and sell their books. Learn how to create your own site:
* Tips for Writing a Book Proposal
Some great advice for how to write a book proposal that will be taken seriously:
* The Evolving World of Publishing: What Authors Must Know to Succeed
This blog post contains some great tips and insights from this year’s Digital Book World conference:
* 30 Ways to Build the “Know, Like, and Trust” Factor that Grows an Audience
Being online isn’t enough; you need to know what to do to build an audience that will come back for more:
* How and Why Agents Are Guiding Authors Through Self-Publishing
This panel at Digital Book World discussed why and how agents are helping traditionally published authors get self-published: