Below you will find a few of the best book marketing Tweets from the past week, courtesy of bloggers, marketers, authors and others. The topics include Facebook commenting strategies, how to get email addresses from your followers, what poor book sales really mean, why an online presence matters to your book, and much more. Happy marketing!
* Golden Nugget: How To Collect E-Mail Addresses
Emails are a valuable marketing tool, but getting people to give you a valid address is not as simple as passing around a sheet of paper at an event. Learn why email addresses matter and how you can grow your list successfully:
* An Author’s Guide to Book Birthers, Book Shepherds and Other Consultants
When you want help getting your book published, who are you going to call? Perhaps a book shepherd or book consultant – but before you make the leap learn who’s who and what’s what:
* Don’t Fool Yourself About Poor Book Sales
Your book might not be up to snuff, or your marketing efforts leave much to be desired. It matters:
* Do’s and Don’ts of Facebook Commenting
Social media is all about participating. Make sure your activities are positive and contribute to the conversation, not detract from it:
* The Power and SEO Behind Blog Commenting
If you want to increase the SEO of your website, blog commenting is the way to go. But make sure you do it the right way:
* What Is The Point Of Writing A Book If You Have No Online Presence?
Even the traditional publishers say having an online presence is critical to getting a book deal. Here’s how you can get started: