Best of the Web Book Marketing Tips for the Week of May 13, 2013by: Paula
Get some marketing ideas with these top tweets from the past week, courtesy of bloggers, marketers, authors and others. The topics include using Pinterest analytics, supporting your favorite author, optimizing your website, and more. Happy marketing!
* Myth-busting: Self-Publishing to Pick up a Publisher. What You Should Know
Should you self-publish with the idea that you’ll be able to use that book as leverage for a traditional publishing contract? One author weighs in:
* Check Your Website: What’s Located in One of the Most Important Sections?
Your website might as well be a billboard people glance at while speeding down the interstate. You have only a snippet of time to prove your site is worthy of a visit:
* Readers: How You Can Help Your Favorite Authors
Here are a few things you can do to help support your favorite author – and for authors, don’t hesitate to post this list somewhere on your website. If you need help (and who doesn’t) you need to ask for it:
* Managing Your Personal Brand with Facebook Lists – A Great Tool!
Lists allow Facebook users the ability to either grant or deny profile access to Facebook friends depending on the relationship you have with them:
* How to Use Pinterest Analytics: 6 Metrics Worth Measuring
It’s important to know if your social media efforts are working: